Wednesday, August 5, 2009

He is here!




I apologize for not updating sooner, but our baby boy finally arrived and life has been quite hectic! Grafton Alexander Morgan was born on August 1st at 6:09 am and weighed 7lbs. 6oz. and was 19 3/4 inches long. Gray and I were at dinner Friday night when my water broke. Luckily, we had about finished our meal, but we hurried out of there as quickly as possible. Needless to say, it made for a lot of commotion, embarrassment, and excitement all at one time! Gray and I headed home to get our bags and we were off to the hospital. My contractions, surprisingly, came fast and hard. I have never felt pain like that before! After 2 hours of very painful contractions at 1 minute part, I was finally going to get an epidural, but right as the doctor was going to administer it, they got called out for an emergency C-section...go figure. As Gray says, I have terrible luck! So, I had to wait another hour before I got it, but after the epidural, the rest was a piece of cake. Delivery went well and Grafton and I are both healthy and doing well. We got to come home from the hospital Monday afternoon and have been adjusting to life with a newborn. We're not getting much sleep at all (of course), but we're learning as we go and hope that it will improve with time. We are so incredibly blessed to have such a sweet, healthy baby boy! We have so many pictures and it would take forever to upload them all, but here are a few for now...more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment