Thursday, August 26, 2010

Baby vs. Food



This boy can eat!!! Not sure who he got that from! ;) He has all of a sudden decided he wants to feed himself so the baby food isn't going over so well anymore. We've been trying to give him table food, but he's pretty picky. He doesn't care much for meats and cheeses, but loves starches...of course! Gray went on a golf trip this past weekend so me and G man went to my mom's house for the weekend. My mom made Shrimp Linguine on Saturday night so we thought we'd see if Grafton would eat some of the linguine. Since we've been pretty hit or miss with food, I decided to go ahead and feed him some beforehand in case he didn't like it. He surprisingly ate 3 containers of baby food and snacks!!! He's never eaten more than 2 containers of baby food before, but he ate 3 and goldfish and kix! I debated about whether or not to even let him try the linguine since he looked like he was about to pop, but we figured what the heck. So, I cut some linguine up and put it on his tray and he LOVED it!! I think I gave him at least 5 helpings. He had noodles all over his face, bib, and everywhere. Success!

His daycare ladies crack me up. We bought Grafton some french toast sticks since most of the other babies in his class eat pancakes for breakfast. I've been trying to give him primarily healthy food, but it's been rather challenging to get him to eat it, so I finally gave in. Who wouldn't like cinnamon french toast sticks?!?! Anyway, Gray dropped him off the other day and told them what he brought Grafton for breakfast. Miss Mary said "Oooh, he gonna put em' all in his mouth at the same time!" This is probably true. He's a little piggy. They've told us that he regularly steals the other kid's food because they all eat at the same time. They have this table that has cut out seats that his whole class can sit at. It's pretty cute to see them all eating, although very messy!!!

P.S. I apologize for not posting his birthday pictures yet, but my computer got infected with a virus and we are still waiting for a diagnosis. Hopefully, it can be repaired, and if so I will post them as soon as we get it back (which seems to be later rather than sooner since it's already been 2 weeks).

No comments:

Post a Comment