


We had a very eventful Easter weekend! We started off the weekend with a trip to Augusta for the Masters on Friday. We had great weather and always enjoy going. Then, Saturday was the Clemson Spring Game so we headed to Clemson for that. We got there early enough for pizza at Peppino's and it was oh so good! Zach came with us too and brought his "little brother" who had a great time. He's 11 years old so we're trying to get him to commit to Clemson early! Sunday of course, was Easter. We went to church that morning and my friend Kimberly came along with us. That evening, we went to Gray's parents' house for an excellent Easter dinner. The excitement did not end there though...Dabo Swinney (Clemson's new head coach) made a visit to my work on Monday! I work at the Phoenix Center, which is the Greenville County Commission on Alcohol and Drug Abuse. Dabo has established a foundation and one of his missions is to get involved in helping people recover from addictions so he and his family came for a tour and more information about our agency. His visit was much anticipated!!! I came prepared with a poster I had gotten at the Spring Game for him to sign and of course I had my camera in case we had a photo opportunity. I ended up being able to speak with him which was wonderful! I told him I was alumni and how big of a football fan I am. He inquired about the baby and I let him know we were expecting a boy in early August. He gave my belly a little rub and told baby he'd see him in 18 years! Dabo is such a great guy with a very interesting life story. I hope he'll be a fabulous head coach as well! GO TIGERS!
No comments:
Post a Comment