Tuesday, July 7, 2009
35/36 week dr.'s appts.
I have been meaning to let everyone know the news of my last dr.'s appt., which was last Monday, but never got around to it. So, last Monday afternoon when I went in, they did all the usual (urine, blood pressure, baby's heartbeat) plus a Group B Strep test. Yesterday I got the results for that and they were negative. Basically, it just means I won't need to get antibiotics when I deliver. Babies can get meningitis or pneumonia, etc. if you test positive for it and don't have antibiotics. So, I am good to go there! They tested my iron level again, as standard procedure, and it was good too. Last week, they checked my cervix since I had my little hospital trip a few weeks ago and said I was still dilated to 1cm, but was 80% effaced. The dr. I saw said I might only have 2 more weeks (which was very exciting!) so I requested they check yesterday to see if anything changed, but it had not. Most of you know that I am a planner and I just wanted to know where things stand. I guess no news is good news! He is also very low which is the cause of my pelvic pain. I have carried low the whole time, but he has definitely dropped. Everything is looking good and we'll just have to wait to see when he decides to arrive! I am almost "officially" ready though. I am getting my hair done and visiting the pediatrician's office tomorrow and we are getting our car seat installation check done on Thursday. So, on Friday I will be 37 weeks, which is considered full-term, and I will be "officially" ready! I'm probably being very optimistic, but I came 3 weeks early so I am thinking there's that possibility. We are so anxious to meet our little guy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment